While we also produce a Winter Cabaret and One-Act Play each year, the cornerstone of Upper Room Theatre Ministry is our summer musicals. Started in 2002, our award-winning July shows have been playing to sold-out audiences, so don’t miss out!
Our 19th Anniversary show, No One is Alone: Upper Room Theatre’s Celebration of Broadway, brought families the joy and award-winning magic they’ve come to expect from Upper Room Theatre…streamed directly too all their devices!
Audiences went on a virtual musical theater journey through each of the spectacular Broadway shows that have graced our stage.
This magical evening was meticulously crafted as a unique once-in-a lifetime virtual show including beautiful solos, creative choreography, side-splitting comedy, and even large-scale ensembles! All woven together with images from past productions, story-telling, sharing how theatre ministry supports mission trips, and a celebration of the 19 years that we’ve been bringing Broadway to Manassas!
Thank you to everyone who tuned in! If you still want to be part of the magic, please support our No One is Alone campaign.
We feel blessed and honored that our productions have been recognized not only by our audiences, but also by our theater peers.
Here are highlights of our recent awards…
- Mary Poppins – Winner of BroadwayWorld’s 2019 Award for Best DC-Area Community Theatre Production, as well as 7 Best Actor and Best Actress nominations
- Hello, Dolly! – Winner of Three BroadwayWorld 2018 Awards for Best DC-Area Community Theatre: “Best Production”, “Best Actress”, and “Best Actor”
- Into the Woods – “Best Musical of 2016″, Three “Best Performances in a Musical”, “Best Director”, and “Best Music Director” honors from DC Metro Theater Arts
- Peter Pan – “Best Musical of 2015”, “Best Actress”, “Best Featured Actor”, and “Best Director” honors from DC Metro Theater Arts
- Joseph & the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat – named “Standout Performance” by ShowbizRadio